A bucket list update seems like an appropriate activity for new year contemplation. Especially after a year so epic.
Things completed or solidly begun in 2011:
#2: Master a second language. Chile: Spanish. Yes.
#4: Rainforest. Not necessarily tropical. But still epic and wet. Chile
#8: Marry. 3/18/2011.
#9: Baby. Begun.
#11: Visit South America. Only Chile. But that still counts.
#16: Study Abroad. Spring 2011. Epic.
#22: Hear God’s voice. My God is amazing.
#23: God is amazing. ”As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.” Proverbs 27:19
#25: Fall madly in love. done. and grow old with that one. begun.
#36: Learn Spanish.
#48: Learn to pray better.
Original – Written 8/07/2010
- translate the new testament from greek to english or another language
a 2nd(4/11)and 3rd language
- hike up a volcano
visit a rainforest (spring 11)
- go somewhere tropical
- visit somewhere epically snowy
- graduate from college
- have a baby or a few or more (Begun.)
- go to ethiopia
south america(1/11-4/11), italy, greece, india, norway or sweden, belgium or germany, new york
- tour the south
- Go to Hillsong church in Australia
- Go on a cruise
- participate in a mission trip
study abroad(spring 11)
- visit asia
- be fluent in writing in a different script
- write a book of some sort
- learn to cook well (I’m beginning it! 2011)
- memorize scripture like a crazy thing
hear the voice of God clearly (2011) help someone in a way that could only be explained or attributed to God.(spring/summer 2011)God is amazing.
- do something radical
fall madly in loveand grow old with that one (began March 18,2011)
- read books in other languages
- go to a camp or a conference that emphasizes God in a powerful way
- Run 3 miles in 21 minutes or less
- Run 10 miles consecutively
- Run a mile in 6 minutes
- Swim a mile
- host an exchange student
- become an expert in some area
- stay fit
- visit inda, russia, ireland, england, mexico, hawaii, alaska
- learn russian,
spanish (2011), greek, italian, amharic, hebrew, french
- Bible school? or Wycliffe? or grad school?
- Take decent and cool pictures
- hike a huge mountain
- stand in the middle of an empty plain where all that is visible is the horizon
- drive across the country (or ride)
- spend a romantic weekend in a tent on a huge mountain
- take a class in whatever interests me just for fun every now and then after I graduate
- go to the middle of the ocean
- surrender to God (continual process)
- know that I’m entirely in His will and living the plan that he has for me
- immerse myself in God’s word
Learn to pray better (2011)
- be a woman of prayer
- leave a legacy like my great-grandmother’s
- Grow a garden.
- Raise some children
- Adopt sons and daughters from the ends of the earth (or somewhere)
- Be a Proverbs 31 wife.
- Become a certified Spanish medical interpreter
- Build a house. Create a home.
- homeschool my kids
- reach the broken
- Run consistently (My husband’s version of consistent, not mine.lol)
- Partner with God in something Big.