I’m guessing that most expectant moms go through a stage of doing things, tons of things, in preparation for their little ones. I’ve heard it called nesting. Mine consists of organizing spaces, decorating walls, taking pictures of what I need to do and have done, and doing things I may or may not have time for after the baby comes.
I have also succeeded in decorating my kitchen walls which is inspiring me to do more :) and repotted a couple plants that were struggling against the forces of old dirt, small pots and overwatering. Hopefully they will recover quickly.
Pictures will come once the ‘before’ state is morphed and there is actually a happy ‘after’ picture to post with it :)
- Laundry room – hopefully organize so that there is A) space to walk to the washer without ducking or jumping and B) space for a dryer so that the cloth diapers my mom is making will actually be dry when we need to use them again.
- Crib ( I’m making myself wait to set up the pack and play next to our bed until 37 weeks. I have one week left to wait!)
- Shelves ( current state = decent disaster)
- Finish blogging our wedding story before our one year anniversary in two months and our boy comes in one month.
- Practice better posture to get baby turned around from his posterior ( back to my back) position and go anterior ( back to my front)
- Read breastfeeding book (on loan from my mom), the baby book (recommended by our birth class instructor) and the attachment parenting book (also on loan from my mom).
- 3 more birth classes
- 5 more prenatal visits
- Shop for cloth for a carrier
- Label frozen food in freezer so if people feel like warming things up the identity of the item won’t be a mystery.especially since my brain will be elsewhere when our little boy comes.
- Take down christmas decorations. At least somewhat. We have so few it’s not a huge issue.
- Get ahead in school work..we shall see.
- Get yarn and start a blanket
- Get a baby doctore figured out since the birthing center can’t provide everything forever.
- Evaluate what we need as far as clothes and essentials
- Pick up stroller and carseat from my family
- Mail thank you’s and new year’s cards.
That should keep me busy for the next month or so :)