I have been putting together a list of should-reads for my summer and graduated self.
Here are what my facebook friends said they had read and enjoyed recently:
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson
- It Doesn’t take a Hero by Norman Scharzkopf
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
- Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Speaking of Jesus by Carl Medearis
- Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels by Ree Drummond
- Chosen by God by R.C Sproul
- The Forgotten Trinity by James White
- Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan
- The World Tilting Gospel by Dan Phillips
- The book list at http://www.thoroughlyalive.com/?p=1283
Books I have been wanting to read…
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Harry Potter series by JK Rowlinh
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- Desiring God by John Piper
- The pleasures of God by John Piper
- Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
- The Black Minutes by Martín Solares
- La novela perfecta by Carmen Boullosa
- 1000 gifts (again) by Ann Voskamp
And there is more space! What have you read and enjoyed reading recently or not so recently? I’ll update this list in a couple weeks to include everyone’s favorites! :) comment away!
3 thoughts on “Books to read”
If you’re at all sensitive to graphic/violent sexual descriptions I wouldn’t recommend The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I regretted reading that book and I didn’t make it very far into the second one. Not long after I decided to stop reading books like that at all. Mostly faith based reasons but also I just can’t stomach it..
Oh thanks for the warning! I’ll probably skip those ones.
One of my all time favorite books to read used to be White Oleander, by Janet Fitch.. that’s my recommendation