I have a total of eleven more times I have to be in a classroom. 5 days of class. 3 days of finals.
It is weird to think that this spring I’m not only counting down to my beloved summer, but also to the end of my life as it has been defined for the last 17 years. I shall not be a student anymore. My life will be defined by different things. The schedule for my days will be directed more by me and less by syllabi.
It’s exciting and strange all at the same time.
I have loved school too much.
I love going to class and learning new things from experts.
I love the academic environment.
I have grown to enjoy thinking outside my bubble and learning different opinions.
I know that sometime I will miss school and that learning is something I can’t leave behind.
I know I can’t rule out grad school for my future, but I also know right now is not the time for it.
So now I get to learn to be the complete director of my learning. I’m looking forward to the challenge.
I am loving the idea of having time to explore on my own, figure out where I need to be, and take care of my little family with more focus and a little less sliding by.
I’ll start with these goals (most important being anything involving God or my family):
- Learning to order my life so I can include the following goals in a daily routine:
- Focusing on cooking nutritious, healthy, not boring food that we actually like.
- grocery shopping effectively so as to be have ingredients on hand for the ambitious task of man- feeding (will probably include meal planning).
- Trying to find a workable schedule for me and the babe throughout the day.
- Figuring out how to set nap-times so he doesn’t get worn out and so I can potentially accomplish things during his naps. It will take Listening to the babe and maybe some research.
- Set up a training plan for my running. Figure out what I need to do and build a strong base.
- Get more fluent in spanish (I’m not sure how to go about that yet…)
- Start learning Amharic and continue learning ancient Greek.
- Educate myself in photography, post-processing, video editing and things creative. Find my style. Learn to shoot weddings with Israel…if the small thing cooperates.
- Learn to be a helpmeet for Israel however I am needed.
- Put my time with God in priority and do that before fooling around. Learn to be a godly wife and mother. Ordering my life as He sees fit.
- Consider goals for the future and pray for God’s leading through it all. Pray for His leading as a family, as a couple and as individuals so that our lives ever bring Him glory and we’re not wandering purposelessly through our lives.
- Continue being a student of life.
Wow! That’s a lot! But you know, life is kinda a big deal.