A few days ago I was greeted by a message from Caroline at barrentoblessed saying that she had nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award! It made my day :) Thank you so much, Caroline! You all should go check out her blog. She writes about her experience with barrenness, adoption and the faithfulness of God through it all. She is definitely a lovely blogger :)
In order to accept this award I have to tell seven things about myself and then nominate 15 blogs for the award. It is a nice way to give your fellow bloggers some love and see who they’re reading. Nominees are under no obliglation to accept this award, but the deal is if you want to display it on your site you have to follow the rules.
- In highschool I hated writing and loved math. I just graduated with degrees in English and Spanish where essay writing was how learning was evaluated. And I only took two math classes. I never would have guessed that writing would be something I would learn to enjoy.
- My grandma has 5 siblings…My mom has 10 siblings…I have 9 siblings. I have 27 first cousins and I don’t know how many 2nds and once removed…and I’m not evengoing into the married ins…lol. Family reunions are fun. :)
- I was homeschooled K – 12th. I met my kindergarten teacher, but then my parents decided homeschool was the way to go. So I ended up better friends with my siblings then anyone else…After we got over the whole ‘fight to the death’ thing of course.
- I’ve been to Ethiopia and Chile and I have dreams of traveling the world at some point.
- I need to learn about 20 more languages.
- I am in the middle of about 10 books and have many more I’d love to read.
- I met my husband in the cafeteria at BSU on the first day of the second semester of my freshman year…and his first semester at BSU. He knew the difference between “calvary” and “cavalry” and my linguistically inclined mind was completely impressed.
My fifteen nominees:
My fellow new (and kinda crunchy) mommas:
My crafty-foody-gardening role models:
My Ethiopian ties:
- African Heart (my aunt) – is an American nurse living in Ethiopia.
- Bring Love In – a missionary family in Ethiopia putting orphaned children together in homes with widows to make new families.
My Mother Running Inspiration/Motivation:
From the mommas who have been there and think hard:
- Owlhaven (my mom!)
- Lisa Jo Baker (a.k.a. The Gypsy Mama)
- Sarah Bessey (a.k.a. Emerging Mummy)
- Big Mama
Thanks to all the awesome bloggers. Thanks again to barrentoblessed! And go check out all these bloggers!