- It’s very hard to get things done when there is a screen. We are at Israel’s brother’s house and the TV tends to be evening background noise/entertainment. So here is the blog post. Yup. Good luck with this.
- It is extremely humid here. All I do is walk around all day and then I feel like I need to take a shower in the morning and evening.
- Ranger’s sleep schedule is kinda taking a hit with this trip but he’s not doing too bad.
- We went to Old Hickory House for breakfast yesterday. It was amazing. Best biscuits ever.mbest fried chicken ever. AND I felt like I should be speaking a different language.
- When Israel called to see if they were still serving breakfast he turned on his southern. It never ceases to amaze me.
- The Birmingham zoo has the best elephant exhibit ever. Huge and beautiful.
- One of these days I may have to give in and drive while we’re here…but I’d really rather not. My small town driving nerves won’t let me. So far I’ve been able to avoid it. Thanks to my husband <;;;;;;;3
- it is seriously humid. Blah. Did I already mention that?? Compare the 25% humidity in Idaho with the 87% in Alabama. Mhmm.
- Vacation is nice, but it is hard to be gone with kids and it will be nice to get back to our routine…and the Idaho cool. Though I do love seeing a little more of my husband. :)
- Seeing other people’s homes reminds me what I want in mine. More big pictures. Less clutter. More intentional space.
- Seeing my nieces has been super fun. They look so much like Ranger. The profiles especially. I’ll try for pictures sometime soon.
- I’ve been doing ok with this 31 days thing. Though while we’re gone I feel like I’m not doing much creative. Though I have been reading more. And I did crochet a bit yesterday. And I’ve not been on the internet much…and that is the major success I think.
(This is a part of 31 days to Focus and Refresh a blog series my mom, sister and I are hosting as we spend 31 minutes a day improving our hearts, homes, and habits in the month of October.We would love your company!)
Also, it seems the service we are using to host our linky is having issues. Sooo…they say they’ll be resolved sometime this weekend. So until then feel free to either hold your posts to share later or share a link on our focus page in the comments. Sorry about the hassle! Some people are not able to view or add links to the linky. So far I still have access to both, but not my linky account. So give it a try and see what you’re able to do.