Here’s a fun little Christmas survey I took from Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl. I’d be so interested in hearing about your Christmas usuals too, if you’d like to take time to share a few! :) or if you’re so inspired you can write a post and share the link!
- What is your favorite christmas album/CD/Song?
- Do you run on Christmas morning or take the day off?
Honestly? I’ll probably take the day off, but you never know. This is my first Christmas as a non-pregnant, uninjured runner so I may surprise even myself!
- What do you usually eat on Christmas morning?
My mom’s french toast strata. It is a lovely baked dish with bread crumbs, eggs, milk, cream cheese, and syrup. Delish. It’s even better when paired with Egg Nog and sausage for a Christmas morning feast.
- what’s your favorite Christmas tradition?
In order to make time for my grandparents celebrations my siblings and parents and I open our presents on Christmas Eve morning.
- Do you have a real tree, fake tree or no tree?
Short and fake. :)
- Christmas pajamas… yay or nay?
Nay. Though we used to when I was little.
- Where do you spend the holidays? Your own house, your parents’ house, extended family, in-laws, friends?
We will alternate years with my inlaws and my family. This is the first christmas with my inlaws and my first christmas away from my family. It should be fun :) it’s also my first christmas in a non-wintery climate. The south. I’ll let you know how my 70 degree Christmas goes.
- Is there a food that you always have during the holiday season? Favorite Christmas food/treat?
My grandma’s rolls…and fudge. Chocolate and carbs :)
- Do you open presents all at once or take turns? Stockings… yes or no?
Depends on the year, where we are, who says what. etc. Usually, we take turns with the first couple and then do a free for all with the rest. Stockings are a yes!
- 10. What is your favorite Christmas(ish) movie?
- Do you draw names for Christmas or give to everyone?
We gave to everyone for a while, but now we draw names.
- Does anyone have a tradition that gives back to the community or helps those with actual need?
My family had a variety of things we did different years…Operation Christmas Child, Sponsoring a family in our area (though this option makes it hard to identify actual need), Samaritan’s Purse, or other things we did year round such as sponsoring a child through Compassion International. I’d like to thoughtfully incorporate something into our Christmas traditions at some point as well.
- How many Christmas do you usually have?
Last year, Israel and I had our own little Christmas, Christmas eve morning with my family, Christmas eve evening with my mom’s parents, siblings and my cousins, and Christmas day noon with my dad’s mom, siblings, and my cousins. This year we’ll have a small christmas with my family (my siblings and parents) before we leave for Georgia, a small Christmas of our own, and then a week of celebration/visiting with Israel’s family.
Connect with me? :)