My guys are resting adorably on the couch. We thought the babe was up from his nap, but he fell back to sleep snuggling with his daddy so they both get a snooze!
It’s like when Ranger was little!
We have been busy as bees recently.
Wednesday, our realtor, my uncle, sent us information on a house thatlooked promising. It wasn’t exactly in our ideal area (available houses there tend to be just above our budget) but it was pretty and appealing in every other way. We decided since this baby is only going to make moving more difficult we should get on the move and be willing to concede a little on the location. So on Thursday we looked at that house and one other at the same price and similar location. Compared the two, saw the great advantages to the first (garage, 3br plus and office, cohesively thought out interior, beautiful tall walls perfect for displaying large prints and many windows), decided it was a deal to be jumped on and made an offer on the first house. The offer was accepted and we’ll wait for financing to go through, check on a few things, and Lord willing we’ll close on March 20th!
I’m ridiculously excited to have a house and space and everything that comes with. I’m glad we’ll be there in time to plant a few things for a mini garden in its mini-yard. It will be fun. And ranger can play outside whenever he wants and judging by how he acted on thursday that will be alllll the time. :) oh and we’ll finally have space for a piano!! After playing almost constantly for 10 years the last few years of very sporadic playing has been weird. It will be lovely to get back into it. We’ll have to keep our eyes open for a good deal.
Other minor bits of news include:
- an appointment with the midwives on march 14th sometime after which we’ll get an ultrasound and figure out the due date and possibly the gender of thus little one. I’m excited.
- One advantage of going back to my old church has been the chance to get involved with the music and jump back in almost where I left off. I have been recruited to accompany church hymns on the piano once a month…or twice once I get in the rhythm.
- Ribbit has been wiggling a bit.
- The snow was gone and it was warm (45ish daily) but now it’s back so I’m taking hope from the last three days of the ten day forecast (50+!).
- I’m trying to think of an orderly way to pack especially since we’re vacationing for a week with my family shortly after closing on the house, but probably before we move in entirely. For now I’ll start with getting rid of clutter/junk, returning borrowed items, and packing christmas decor, most books, my crafting supplies and Ranger’s outgrown clothes.
- We’re going on a trip to the ocean in a month! :) We’re going to let Trompy sit front facing in his carseat for the first time during our 8 hour drive. Hopefully that and the ipad will help him stay happy. I’m also thinking a little box of new things/snacks/stickers/no idea to hand out as he gets bored.
Anyone else play the piano? How long?
How would you go about packing to move combined with packing for a trip?
Anyone have ideas for keeping a one year old happy on long car rides?