A couple months ago I was nominated for the Liebster award by Gillian at Growing Up Gillian. I was honored of course, but time has flown by and I am just now sharing the honor with 5 more bloggers. I am following Gillian’s edit of the rules and sparing myself by limiting each thing to 5 instead of 11.
I started following Gillian when she shared her 31 days of Thoughtful Thrifting in October and I’ve really enjoyed reading Gillian’s blog as she updates, remodels and paints her old but new house as a pregnant lady. She just had her little baby a couple weeks ago and I’m sure she will keep sharing her projects and thoughts with us. You should definitely go check out her blog if you’re interested in houses, home projects or thrifting…and most likely babies. :)
Here are the original rules:
- Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
So here goes with the abbreviated version:
Five random facts:
- My ‘to-read’ list on goodreads is about 80 books long.
- I cannot (don’t like to) sleep barefoot.
- I kept a private blog before I started this one.
- I ate too much chocolate around valentine’s day and am only just recently able to sometimes enjoy it again.
- I love the fridge my husband got me too well. Apparently he chose it thinking I would like this type the best. He was right. I’ll have to share a picture sometime. It’s beautiful.
- What is one popular design or fashion trend that you just cannot get on board with?
Uggs and pre-ripped jeans. Not too bad really. I’m sure there’s something else out there that bothers me more, but those are just things I can’t do.
- Have you won any other award/prize/contest before? If so, what?
Yes. The One Lovely Blog Award a few months ago. In my college spanish grammar class I won an award for being the most creative writer and had one of my essays read aloud by the profesora. I was pleasantly surprised. :) other than a scholarship or two and some church things that’s probably about it.
- What is one new skill that you would like to learn?
I would like to learn how to dig/plant/take care of a garden on my own. This summer shall be my first solo attempt though my dad has elaborate gardens every year.
- Do you have any birthmarks/scars/tattoos/other unique identifying marks?
I have a piece of pencil lead (graphite, actually, I suppose) in the top layer of my left foot. I accidentally pulled the top of my foot across a nice sharp pencil 10 or so years ago. It seems like it’s there to stay.
- What is one item at the grocery store that you like to splurge on?
Bagels! Or donuts if I’m really short on self-control that day. Although those might be too cheap to count as a splurge.
My questions for you:
- Are you a Lord of The Rings fan? I’m not…but since my sister and best friend loved the series growing up nd my husband loves the movies now, I have an inordinate amount of random LOTR knowledge. Yup.
- How do you feel about organic food? Worth it? Pointless? Sometime yes, sometimes not?
- Favorite summer activity? Swimming!
- How and how much do you tend to participate in potentially politically or religiously loaded conversations via the internet or anywhere else?
- What type of books do you tend to go for at the library or bookstore?
- On Being a Homegirl
- Barren to Blessed
- The Pink Briefcase
- I’m sure she has more than 200 by now, but she’s too good not to share. The Wild Love
To all my readers: feel free to answer my questions as well! I’d love to heart it! And also make sure you check out these lovely ladies’ blogs!