Last month was fun.
Something about writing a substantial blog post everyday just makes a person feel accomplished.
What I liked:
- I liked writing again. I know I have been writing here for a while, but I really liked this. I had to work a little bit to write each day instead of yammering on in my normal fashion. It was fun. It felt a little like school again. A nice big project and nice accomplisment at the end. And it left me feeling like I’d learned something along the way as well.
- I liked being thinking my parenting enough so now I can be thoughtful while I’m parenting too instead of mainly just reacting.
- I liked the habit of writing. Yesterday I kept finding my down moments and thinking “ok, time to write!” Now to continue that habit with other writing goals! :)
- I loved having an outline before the day to write the post came. I was able to look at the outline in the morning and let it sit in my brain until a free moment came and I was able to let some pre-percolated thoughts out.
What I didn’t like:
- I didn’t like that often the day or my procrastination would land me writing in the evening while israel was free. Mostly I managed not to do and a lot of the days I did he was working too…but it still happened too much.
- I didn’t like not having the freedom to post anything I wanted some days. I know I could have been allowed, but I really don’t have time for two posts a day.
How I’m moving forward/future blogging goals… I want to:
- keep posting nearly everyday.
- keep doing challenging writing projects/series that take more thought and research to figure out.
- keep reading a billionty books and interesting blog posts.
- keep blogging/writing time OUT of evenings/family time.
- get better about actually limiting internet/screen time.
The final list of posts:
- Day 1: Buckling Down to Parenting Intentionally
Day 2: Live Life Awake
Day 3: Begin Well and Simply
Day 4: Ask For Wisdom
Day 5: Renew Your Mind
Day 6: Consider Attachment
Day 7: Choose the High Road
Day 8: Remember Love
Day 9: Keep the Relationship Positive
Day 10: Connect on His Level
Day 11: Connect with Your Words
Day 12: Connect with Your Actions: Smile
Day 13: Books for the Journey: Parenting
Day 14: Give Grace
Day 15: A Day Short of Halfway
Day 16: Slow Down
Day 17: Together
Day 18: Share His Space
Day 19: Know Yourself
Day 20: Add Time
Day 21: Schedule
Day 22: Toddler Training
Day 23: Choose Your Battles
Day 24: Resistance
Day 25: Tantrums Happen
Day 26: Acknowledge and Teach Emotions
Day 27: Books for the Journey: Motherhood
Day 28: Imperfection and the Goal
Day 29: You.
Day 30: Be Encouraged
Day 31: The End