I love deals, but I always prefer a real-life printed book with pages to flip back and forth in over a kindle deal any day. But it’s a little harder to find actual factual books when they’re on sale on Amazon. So as a little shortcut for you all, I’ll be updating this page periodically as the paperback (or sometimes hardcover!) books from my favorites list go on sale.
Know that if I mention it here I either love it or it has helped me immensely. This is the short and on sale list. The long list is the last link on the page. I hope you find it helpful!
Last Updated: 10/17/19 — Ordered by current price with the ones I think everyone should read in bold!
- Simply Tuesday: Small-Moment Living in a Fast-Moving World by Emily P. Freeman – $6.33
- Wild in the Hollow: On Chasing Desire and Finding the Broken Way Home by Amber C. Haines – $7 (Hardcover, including paid shipping)
- How We Love Our Kids: The Five Love Styles of Parenting by Milan and Kay Yerkovich – $7.19
- It’s OK Not to Share and Other Renegade Rules for Raising Competent and Compassionate Kids by Heather Shumaker – $7.66
- It’s OK to Go Up the Slide: Renegade Rules for Raising Confident and Creative Kids by Heather Shumaker – $7.78
- Forever Mom: What to Expect When You’re Adopting by Mary Ostyn – $7.78
- Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption by Bryan Stevenson – $7.89
- Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive by Daniel J Siegel and Mary Hartzell – $8.31
- Glorious Weakness: Discovering God in All We Lack by Alia Joy – $8.38
- The Color of Life: A Journey toward Love and Racial Justice by Cara Meredith – $8.54
- How Women Decide by Therese Hurston – $8.73
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown – $8.97
After wishing I had a list of our favorite read-aloud picture books from when I was a kid, I decided to start one for my kiddos. It’s here in case you’re interested :) -> Our Favorite Picture Books
Our Favorite Chapter Books for Reading Aloud:
Here are just a few of my favorites. It’s a combination of middle grade, young adult, and adult books in every genre except thriller/suspense. Here’s the full list!
Non-Fiction is where I spend the most time deciding what I want to read, if I liked it, if it was helpful, and how to make it work for me. I have a lot of favorites, but I tend to circle around christianity, personality, psychology, parenting, organization, writing, and social justice. I am thoroughly excited about any book on this list.
Or, if you’d rather, here’s where all the lists live:
browse my favorite books?
(PS – This post is rife with amazon affiliate links because I have a book habit and would like to pay for it somehow. ;) This just means that if you order a book (or anything) through one of these links I might get a few pennies commission at no cost to you. Thanks for supporting my reading just a touch. :) So far I’ve earned enough to buy a book every two years.)